By Holly Silali, Standard Report, 09/18/2017
It should be noted that Uganda Airlines was liquidated in 2001 where all operations were with effect stopped. By that time, it was employing about two thousand employees yet it had no Aircrafts to run. One of the two Boeing’s 707 had crushed in Rome while the other was declared junk and thus could not run.
In effort to save Uganda Airlines, staff was reduced from two thousand to four hundred and new planes were leased from Australia and Air Zimbabwe but were not enough to operate on all routes most especially to Europe. Many people have cried for its reinstatement in order to ease transportation of goods and people as well as promoting tourism in Uganda which has been earmarked by government as an important sector of the economy.
Enter African Express Nairobi – Entebbe flights
Early September 2017, African Express Airways started flying the Nairobi – Entebbe route. Unlike its competitors, African Express decided to put more focus on providing quality services at very competitive pricing. For the first time, travelers got a chance to only pay a ticket fee of USD 99 (ninety nine dollars) inclusive of the government taxes. According to many travelers, this offer was and still is considered to be God sent putting in mind the long hours many people spent on the roads traveling between the two destinations.
What you need to know about the Nairobi – Entebbe African Express Airways offer;
- There are daily flights from Nairobi to Entebbe.
- Tickets can only be booked online through www.africanexpress.net.
- Payments can be made via m-pesa, credit card or cash through specific agents
- The one way ticket fee of USD 99 covers all the government taxes. Return tickets go for USD 198
- African Express Airways has a stand by customer care desk which offers real time response to all concerns raised by clients